Duration of programme: 30 minutes
AVA’s Show & Tell is a programme that is catered to preschools who is keen to learn about caring for animals, as well as ways to be a responsible pet owner. An AVA staff or a volunteer will bring an animal to the school to demonstrate on pet care. Students will have an opportunity to interact with the animal as well.
Other than that, preschools can opt to receive RPO educational materials from AVA to distribute to students and teachers.
• A 30-minute powerpoint presentation, with pictures and videos
• A quiz at the end with RPO goody bags as prizes
• Posters for loan (provided by request and based on availability)
• Care For Your Pet books for students (provided by request and based on availability)
Note: For all talk requests, schools must provide an LCD projector, screen and audio cords to play the videos in the slides. Schools are not required to provide a laptop.
For primary levels
Responsible Pet Ownership
This is an introduction to pet ownership and a primer for our other RPO talks. It covers a wide range of topics from deciding whether to get a pet to general pet care. The audience is strongly encouraged to think carefully about owning a pet and not to abandon their pets.
Pets are like Us! (Lower Primary)
Are pets similar to us? Understanding that they have similar needs to ours can help children relate better to pets and animals in general. This talk will help young audiences develop greater compassion and respect for pets and other animals.
Pet Abandonment & Strays (Upper Primary)
Everyone has most likely seen a stray cat or dog before but where do they come from and what happens to them? Both pet owners’ and non-pet owners’ actions can affect stray situation. This talk will discuss these actions and their consequences.
Book a talk with us now!
For Secondary & Tertiary Level
Pets & Us Parts I & II
Part I is the Responsible Pet Ownership talk for secondary and tertiary audiences. It is a foundation talk that introduces the responsibilities of a pet owner and consequences of pet abandonment.
Part II continues with topics such as the illegal keeping of exotic animals, microchipping, sterilisation and pet related laws.
Book a talk with us now!
- Visits to the AVACARE
• Minimum no. of participants: 30
• Maximum no. of participants: 40
• Duration of Workshop: 2 hours
• Workshop Content: Talk, video, gallery tour, workshop and interaction with pets
• Others: Visitors will also be provided with a folder that includes a quiz as well as a book on pet care tips and other useful pet information called Care For Your Pet.
Apply for workshops now!
RPO Roadshow As part of the RPO Public Education Programme, a roadshow has been held annually to bring the messages of responsible pet ownership directly to the public. In general, the activities that you can look out for at our Roadshow include the following:
• Information counter
• Interactive displays
• Participating organizations’ booths (RPO Partners)
• External vendor booths
• Kids’ corner with arts and crafts activities
• Stage activities such as puppet shows, skits, games, etc.
• Complimentary wellness checks (Mock-up Vet Clinic)
• Talks and workshops at the seminar room
• e-Games consoles
• Exclusive event souvenirs
Check news (link to news) for the next RPO Roadshow. We’ll see you there!
AVA participates regularly in community events such as Town Days and other events organised by community centres, grassroots organisations to promote animal welfare and responsible pet ownership.
At these community events, AVA will:
• Set up a booth to spread key RPO messages through distributing brochures and conducting interactive games
• Give out goody bags to residents who participate in these games
• Put up educational posters (A1 Kapaline posters)
• Answer queries related to responsible pet ownership and animal welfare
• Conduct RPO talks (subject to speaker’s availability and min. of 100 pax per session)
Check our news for next community event we’re participating in. We’ll see you there!
Library exhibitions and activities
In addition, AVA has been partnering National Libraries Board (NLB) to hold a series of activities and educational exhibitions at the libraries, including storytelling, puppet shows and arts and crafts.
The Responsible Pet Ownership (RPO) Pet Pal Programme is specially designed to encourage students to learn more about RPO and animal welfare through the completion of RPO activities. This programme is suitable for primary and lower secondary school students. Through the school, AVA will provide an RPO gift to each student who completes the programme.
How the programme works
Step 1: SSchools that decide to embark on the programme, please inform AVA of your intended commencement to Ms Maggie Tan.
Step 2: Teachers in-charge brief participating students and guide them in completing the activities that are given by AVA. Teachers can also suggest activities/ projects that are related to RPO.
Step 3: Upon completion, teachers in-charge will distribute the prizes to the students.