There is only one species of the domesticated cat but approximately 60 different breeds. There are also mixed/local breed cats that can make good companions.
Up to 18 years
• Food & water
• Food & water dishes
• Comfortable place to rest
• Health check and vaccination as necessary
• Lots of time and love
Cats are strict carnivores. Cat food sold at shops usually provides your pet with a balanced diet.
Other items your pet may need:
You can also bathe your pet cat. For that, you will need the following :
• Nail clippers
• Grooming equipment for long fur (comb, brush)
To keep your cat occupied, provide toys & a scratching post.
Cat Owner’s Timetable:
• Avoid leaving your cat alone at home for more than a day.
• Keep your cat indoors at all times!
• Some cats do not like to be held or petted too much -always respect your pet.
• Brush your cat’s fur (if it is long) regularly to avoid tangles.
• Provide a scratching post for your cat or it will likely use your furniture.
• Keep wires, breakables, plants and other dangerous items out of your cat’s reach, keeping in mind they can jump and climb to
• Cover your trashcan to prevent your cat from rummaging in it.
• Any collar for kitty should have an elastic portion that can expand in case it is caught on something.